Tazorac® is a retinoid and requires a prescription. It is a prodrug which means that the medication is supplied in a chemically inactive form and becomes active only after it enters the body. The active ingredient (tazarotene) becomes effective once it passes through the skin. None of the other retinoid prescriptions perform the same way.
One of my beauty magazines described Tazorac® as a supercharged retinoid. Reminds me of a retinoid on steriods. After obtaining a prescription from my doctor I started applying it every night. Until your skin adapts it may peel and be red but it will calm down. This retinoid gave me the plumpness and firmness of much younger skin and still continues to do so. Every morning I can’t wait to look in the mirror to see how much more my complexion is improving. I have been using this for over two years and it still continues to deliver results.
Tazorac® is available in gel and cream form. The concentrations are typically 0.05% and 0.1%. I use the cream in 0.1% in a 60 gram tube. It comes in a 30 gram tube but your copay is the same so it is best to get the largest tube. Your doctor may need to specify the amount on the prescription. Before when I used another retinoid before this my drug card would not pay anything because it was considered a cosmetic drug. However when I purchase this, the drug card works just like any other prescription. Personally I think the insurance companies do not know it is a retinoid. On the Internet one website said there is a generic form.
My skin is very oily so it can handle this aggressive retinoid. If you have sensitive or dry skin and this drug is too harsh Differin® may be a better alternative. Personally I am addicted to Tazorac® and cannot do without it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment