Personally I am a skincare junkie. I actually keep a notebook with all the different products that I would like to try. These are products from magazines, online ads, emails and etc. It has become a thick notebook. One day it occurred to me that my progress in wading through these products is just too slow due to time and money. As I told my sister I have so much skin care products now that if I were to quit work, stay home and use it every five minutes, I still couldn’t use it all up. There needs to be a cheaper and faster way to wade through my notebook, because I won’t live forever and also I am not financially wealthy.
I discovered that EBay is an excellent place to buy skincare. You can purchase samples at very decent prices. So instead of purchasing that full-sized product at a hefty price, you can purchase some samples for a small price to determine if that skincare works for you. Just pay attention to the size of the sample and shipping to assess the value. Many times I have bought a pack of samples that the total quantity equaled the full-sized bottle for a fraction of the price the full-size product would cost. For example I can buy Avon samples and get it cheaper than if I were to buy it from my sister who is an Avon representative. I have always wanted to try La Mer products but didn’t want to spend two hundred dollars. So I ordered a travel sample.
These samples come in individual packets which are more than you need for one use. I have several small containers that I use to put the remainder of skincare left in the packet to use later. So now how to handle the time factor? I was only using this skincare on my face, not much real estate to cover. Then I got the brilliant idea to use it other places, neck, knees and so on. What good is a young face if the rest doesn’t match? So in reality I could really be trying out 4 or 5 products at a time and decide which gives the best result.
One more bit of information the full-sized skincare that I may be using on my face but decided that it is not doing the trick instead of throwing it out I use it on my body. The bottom line is I am wading through my notebook faster and cheaper, plus actually using all my skincare up.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment